Minding the Heart
Minding the Heart is a weekly 14-session training group led by Dr. Tori Olds and Dr. Syndor Sikes, focusing on topics such as mindfulness and interpersonal neurobiology, trauma work, attunement training, working with defenses and emotion, tracking the body, attachment in couples work, and relinquishing shame.
Tori and Syndor draw on their extensive training in Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Psychotherapy (AEDP), Interpersonal Neurobiology (IPNB), Somatic Experiencing, Systems Centered Theory (SCT), Stan Tatkin’s couples work (PACT), and object relations theory. The meetings are didactic as well as experiential, with discussion, demonstrations, and case consultation.
Some of the topics covered include:
- Advanced general psychotherapy techniques
- Advanced Experiential Dynamic Psychotherapy (AEDP) techniques
- Advanced attachment theory
- Internal Family Systems conceptualization
- Interpersonal trauma and complex trauma
- Somatic Experiencing (SE) techniques
- And more
If you are interested in the Minding the Heart training, please contact us for more details!