Join Our Team!
Currently accepting applications for licensed and pre-licensed therapists
“I truly believe that coming to your practice and joining this wonderful community was one of the best decisions I’ve made in my life. I’m a stronger clinician, a more heartfelt healer, and a better human being – and after only a few months!!! You and your family have created a loving home environment worth sharing – the team certainly feels it, and our clients certainly do, too. I’m so proud to be a part of this.”
— Feedback from Postdoctoral Fellow
Growing to Help Meet the Needs of Texas
We receive more than 20 new client referrals every single day, and we end up having to send so many folks away because our clinicians are at full capacity. In fact, we can typically fill an entire caseload in about three to four weeks (depending on how many the clinician can take on at once) because of the immense demand for our services.
Deep Eddy Psychotherapy has such a strong reputation in our community, and we are paneled with several insurances, and so our practice simply isn’t able to help everyone that comes to our door (or, our website).
But, we want to.
If you (or someone you know) want to join a thriving practice, a community dedicated to interconnectedness and collegiality, and continue to learn and grow, don’t wait – we would love to hear from you.
Please contact our CEO and COO, Kyler and Rachel, at [email protected] to learn more about Deep Eddy, what it’s like to work here, and whether we might be a good fit for you. Read on to learn more about our practice, what we have to offer, and how to apply.
About Our Practice
Deep Eddy Psychotherapy is focused on community, teamwork, training, and growth, supporting each other to provide top depth-oriented, emotion-focused psychotherapy. Our team is a nurturing, kind group of people who value excellence in the care we provide each other and our clients. We accept the applications of highly-skilled Licensed Psychologists and Postdoctoral Fellows throughout the year. If you are interested in Deep Eddy Psychotherapy’s Postdoctoral Fellowship, please check out this page to learn more.
Benefits of Working at Deep Eddy Psychotherapy
In addition to being part of a high-level clinical practice that has served the Austin area for over 30 years and joining an incredibly strong, loving and supportive community, we are excited to offer our employees a host of benefits in addition to above-market pay, such as:
See the Full List of Employee Benefits
- Health insurance & retirement plan
- Individual and group supervision with our senior-level psychologists, including:
- Weekly group supervision with Dr. Jev Sikes, a nationally recognized leader in group therapy
- Weekly case consultation with Dr. Sydnor Sikes, who has been practicing for over 40 years
- Special interest training opportunities (e.g., Child and Adolescent trainings)
- All billing, insurance, and marketing are handled by our experienced office administration team
- We credential you with our various insurance panels
- Reliable stream of clients and intakes scheduled for you
- Monthly free CE workshops and trainings, including Minding the Heart
- Opportunity to co-lead group therapy with Certified Group Psychotherapists
- Staff retreats, gatherings, and networking events with a community of supportive clinicians
- Flexible hours (you can work when you want and where you want)
- Beautiful, furnished office spaces with natural lighting
- Professional photo and page on our website, as well as the ability to contribute to the community through our social media and blog
- Support developing and bringing your unique gifts to the world in a way that inspires you (e.g. writing a book, presenting in the larger community or online, starting a non-profit, offering particular kinds of therapy groups or outreach)
Our Available Positions
We are currently hiring Psychologists, LPCs, LCSWs, and LMFTs. We also hire LPC-As, LMSWs, LMFT-interns, pre-doctoral interns, and postdoctoral fellows. Clinicians who need supervision (e.g., an LPC-A requires supervision in Texas) may arrange for outside supervision or be supervised by one of our in-house supervisors.
To Apply for a Position
Please email the following information to our CEO, Dr. Kyler Shumway, and COO, Ms. Rachel Villareal, at [email protected]:
- Cover letter explaining why Deep Eddy Psychotherapy would be a good fit for your career path
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- 3 clinical references (you can attach letters of reference if you wish, or simply provide us phone numbers so that we may contact them directly)
- Video of a mock therapy session with a friend or colleague (10-15 minutes long). We are looking for therapeutic presence, empathy, effective nonverbal communication, and the ability to move towards feelings. This should not be a first or “intake” session, but rather a mid-treatment snapshot.
Ideal candidates should have solid experience with in-depth psychotherapy and an eagerness to expand and grow clinically. Clinicians are expected to work independently and maintain their caseloads with a high level of professionalism and care. We are interested in candidates who are down-to-earth, kind, genuine, hard-working, creative, enthusiastic, emotionally healthy, and bright.
Thank you so much for your interest in joining our team at Deep Eddy! If you have any questions, please let us know – we would love to hear from you.
Answers to Common Questions from Applicants
- Q – Do I have to work set hours? A – Nope! You can choose when and where you work. If you like Monday – Friday, 9-5, great! If you want to work four days a week, awesome! If you want to work on Saturdays or Sundays, more power to you! You can also change your workflow whenever you choose.
- Q – Can I choose what clients I see (and what kinds of work I do)? A – Absolutely. We firmly believe that when you are doing the work you want in the way that you want, you will truly thrive. As long as you are legally and ethically able to serve, we want to empower you to do so. We turn away so many clients, which means you can be picky with who you work with and prioritize the fit.
- Q – Are there opportunities to supervise trainees? Yes! From prac students to postdoctoral fellows, we have an ongoing need for strong leaders to guide and mentor our trainees.
- Q – How do you pay clinicians? A – We operate via a split model that pays a monthly salary based on a % of your client revenue. The split is determined by licensure status, years of experience, years with the practice, niche service provision, and more. Our average full-time clinician makes approximately $75k per year, though there is quite a bit of range ($60k – $140k) explained by caseload, license type, and a few other factors. With the benefits we offer, the rates we are able to get for services, and the simplicity of the workflow, being part of DEP is equivalently lucrative to operating in private practice.
- Q – Do I have to schedule intakes, handle billing, or do any administrative work? A – No. We have a team of folks that handle everything that isn’t part of seeing your clients and writing your notes. All you have to focus on is the clinical part of being a clinician.
More questions? Contact us today!