“I truly believe that coming to your practice and joining this wonderful community was one of the best decisions I’ve made in my life. I’m a stronger clinician, a more heartfelt healer, and a better human being – and after only a few months!!! You and your family have created a loving home environment worth sharing – the team certainly feels it, and our clients certainly do, too. I’m so proud to be a part of this.” –email from a Postdoctoral Fellow
Deep Eddy Psychotherapy is focused on community, teamwork, training, and growth, supporting each other to provide top depth-oriented, emotion-focused psychotherapy. Our team is a nurturing, kind group of people who value excellence in the care we provide each other and our clients. We accept the applications of highly-skilled Licensed Psychologists and Postdoctoral Fellows throughout the year.
Ideal candidates should have solid experience with in-depth psychotherapy and an eagerness to expand and grow clinically. Clinicians are expected to work independently and maintain their caseloads with a high level of professionalism and care. We are interested in candidates who are down-to-earth, kind, genuine, hard-working, creative, enthusiastic, emotionally healthy, and bright.
Benefits of Working at Deep Eddy Psychotherapy
- Being part of a high-level clinical practice that has served the Austin area for over 30 years
- Individual and group supervision with our senior level psychologists, including:
- Weekly group supervision with Dr. Jev Sikes, a nationally-recognized leader in group therapy
- Weekly case consultation with Dr. Sydnor Sikes, who has been practicing for over 40 years
- Weekly 1-on-1 supervision with our Training Director, Dr. Brooke Halpern
- All billing, insurance, and marketing handled by our experienced office administration team.
- Reliable stream of clients and intakes scheduled for you
- Free CEU workshops and trainings, including Minding the Heart
- Opportunity to co-lead group therapy with Certified Group Psychotherapists, as well as the opportunity to start your own groups
- Staff retreats, gatherings, and networking events with a community of supportive clinicians
- Flexible hours (postdoctoral fellow position will require some evening or weekend availability, however)
- Beautiful, furnished office spaces with natural lighting
- Professional photo and page on our website
- Ability to contribute to the community through our social media and blog
- Support developing and bringing your unique gifts to the world in a way that inspires you (e.g. writing a book, presenting in the larger community or online, starting a non-profit, offering particular kinds of therapy groups or outreach, etc.).
To Apply for a Position
Please email the following information to our Clinical Director, Owen O’Brien, LCSW, at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter explaining why Deep Eddy Psychotherapy would be a good fit for your career path
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- 3 clinical references (you can attach letters of reference if you wish, or simply provide us phone numbers so that we may contact them directly)
- Video of a mock therapy session with a friend or colleague (10-15 minutes long). We are looking for therapeutic presence, empathy, effective nonverbal communication, and ability to move towards feelings.
Thank you so much for your interest in joining our team at Deep Eddy! If you have any questions, please contact Owen directly at the email address above.
One of current Postdocs, Dr. Kyler Shumway, surprised us with this awesome video about his experience here!