Deep Eddy Psychotherapy is fully committed to conducting all activities in strict conformance with the American Psychological Association’s Ethical Principles of Psychologists. Deep Eddy Psychotherapy will comply with all legal and ethical responsibilities to be non-discriminatory in promotional activities, program content, and in the treatment of program participants. The monitoring and assessment of compliance with these standards will be the responsibility of the program administrator in consultation with the program planner.
While Deep Eddy Psychotherapy goes to great lengths to assure fair treatment for all participants and attempts to anticipate problems, there will be occasional issues which come to the attention of our program staff which require intervention and/or action on the part of the program staff or an officer of Deep Eddy Psychotherapy. This procedural description serves as a guideline for handling such grievances.
When a participant, either orally or in written format, files a grievance and expects action on the complaint, the following actions will be taken.
- If the grievance concerns a speaker, the content presented by the speaker, or the style of presentation, the individual filing the grievance will be asked to put his/her comments in written format. The program administrator will then pass on the comments to the speaker, assuring the confidentiality of the grieved individual.
- If the grievance concerns a workshop offering, its content, level of presentation, or the facilities in which the workshop was offered, the program administrator will mediate and will be the final arbitrator. If the participant requests action, the program administrator will:
- attempt to move the participant to another workshop or
- provide a credit for a subsequent year’s workshop or
- provide a partial or full refund of the workshop fee.
Actions 2b and 2c will require a written note, documenting the grievance, for record keeping purposes. The note need not be signed by the grieved individual.
- If the grievance concerns the Deep Eddy Psychotherapy program administrator, in a specific regard, the program planner or another member of the Deep Eddy Psychotherapy staff who is uninvolved in the CE program will attempt to arbitrate.
Program Administrator: Charlotte Howard, Ph.D., 512-469-6008, firstname.lastname@example.org
Program Planner: Tori Olds, Ph.D., 512-469-4161, email@example.com