Daniel Singelyn, Psy.D.
Daniel Singelyn, PsyD
My name is Daniel. I am a therapist with Deep Eddy Psychotherapy.
I believe that finding the “right” therapist for you is important. While I believe that you would be able to work with all therapists successfully, each therapist is unique. Every member of the Deep Eddy Psychotherapy team offers a different perspective and approach. Starting with a therapist that you feel may be a better “fit” with your personality and values may facilitate an easier and more comfortable transition into the therapy process.
Below I have included some personal and professional information about myself. Additionally, you will find a list of concerns that I commonly address in therapy. I encourage you to review the biographies of a few therapists to make a more informed decision for yourself.
- Born and raised in Southern California
- Love spending time with my family and my two pugs
- Received my doctorate in Clinical Psychology from Alliant International University in Los Angeles
- Previously practiced in various locations including a men’s correctional facility, an interdisciplinary chronic pain clinic, an academic medical center clinic focused on Alzheimer’s and other memory concerns, and a VA health care center
- Film and Music enthusiast
Areas of Clinical Focus:
- Anger and Outbursts
- Anxiety and Stress
- Assessment / Testing (See section below)
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy
- Meditation and Relaxation
- Relationship Concerns
- Social skills
- Working with Men
- Grief and loss