Social Media Policy
We encourage you to interact with Deep Eddy Psychotherapy, LLC through social media. We use several social media platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, and other social media sites. If you interact with us, please be aware of our social media policy stated below.
Not Medical Advice: Any information we post on social media platforms is for general informational purposes only and should not be considered medical advice and is not intended to replace any relationship or consultation with a health care provider or mental health professional (collectively, “Provider”). You should always talk to your Provider for diagnosis and treatment, including information regarding which treatment may be appropriate for you. None of information posted represents or warrants that any particular treatment is safe, appropriate or effective for you. Because health information changes quickly you should always confirm information with your Provider. If you think you may have a medical or mental health emergency, call your health care provider or dial 911 immediately.
User Content: We are under no obligation to screen or monitor your posts or any other user content. However, we do make a reasonable effort to monitor participation to ensure that you stay on topic, are courteous and avoid making offensive comments.
Your posts and user content must adhere to the following requirements and cannot contain any:
- Third-party material including logos, drawings, tattoos, photographs, pictures, sculptures, paintings, and other images or works of art, phrases, trademarks, trade secrets or other items without explicit prior written permission to use such materials;
- Sexually explicit, pornographic, graphic, gratuitous, or unnecessarily violent content, or defamatory or derogatory content including “hate speech” against any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, sexual orientation, professional or age group;
- Profane, abusive, harassing, embarrassing, tortuous, obscene, libelous content or is otherwise objectionable as solely determined by our discretion;
- Private information about any other individual, including but not limited to, information related to the health of the individual, financial information about the individual, or any identification or account numbers related to the individual, with or without their permission or consent;
- Software viruses or any other computer code, viruses, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment; or
- Advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail”, “spam”, “chain letters”, “pyramid schemes”, or promote illegal activity and/or illegal contests, sweepstakes, gambling, including any online casino, sports books, bingo, poker or any other form of solicitation.
By posting content to any social media platforms we use, you agree that you will not:
- Violate any local, state, federal, and international laws and regulations;
- Threaten, stalk, harm, or harass another;
- Collect or store, or attempt to collect or store, personal data about third parties without their knowledge or consent; and
- Share confidential information or information that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships.
We reserve the right to edit comments for content, remove off-topic contributions, delete offensive comments or remarks, block offensive contributors, and delete actual or suspected spam content from any social media platform without notice and for any reason and at our sole discretion.
We are not responsible for the content of any comments or responses posted by others to any website or social media site managed or monitored by Deep Eddy Psychotherapy, PLLC.
By posting any content on any social media platform, you grant us the irrevocable right to reproduce, distribute, publish, and display such content and the right to create derivative works from your content, edit or modify such content, and use such content for any purpose.
We may disclose your communications and activities in response to lawful requests by governmental authorities.
Responding to User Content: We reserve the right to respond to any post or user content and may occasionally privately request your contact information to assist offline with your consent by routing the matter to the appropriate persons or department for further handling.
“Friending” and Following: Beyond requests to contact to assist you, requests to connect, “friend”, or follow from current or former clients on social media platforms will not be accepted. Adding clients as friends on these sites and/or communicating via such sites is likely to compromise privacy and confidentiality. You are welcome to follow our accounts but we maintain the right to deny any request to follow yours.
Security and Privacy: You assume all responsibility related to the security and privacy in sending any content over the internet. We do not control third party sites that host social media platforms or the internet by which it is accessed. As such, we do not warrant any safeguard against any interceptions or compromises to your information when you post content on any site.
Liability: We will have no liability to you for exercising any of our rights. You shall defend, indemnify, and hold us and our affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees, contractors, agents, successors, and assigns harmless from and against, and shall promptly reimburse them for any and all losses, claims, damages, settlements, costs, and liabilities of any nature whatsoever, including attorneys’ fees, to which any of them may become subject arising out of, based upon, as a result of, or in any way connected with your posting of any content to a social media platform, any third party claims of infringement, or any breach of this social media policy.
Marketing: We do not control the placement of any marketing or advertising displayed on our pages by social media or third party organizations. The inclusion of links to other websites does not imply any endorsement of the material on the websites.
Children: Any information posted by us is not intended for children under the age of 18. Additionally, you must be at least 18 years old to post content to any social media platform.
Governing Law and Statute of Limitations: The laws of the State of Texas govern any cause of action arising under or relating to your posting of content on a social media platform.
Changes: We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of this Policy. It is your responsibility to check our website periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to our social media platforms following the posting of any changes constitutes acceptance of those changes.
Contact Us: If you have questions or concerns regarding this social media policy, please contact us at [email protected] or via phone at 512-956-MIND.